This is MY tribute to MY favorite action heroines in cinema (meaning it's a personal selection and of course bad girls, tv movies and series are not included).
MUSIC: "Walk on water" by Aerosmith.
HEROINES (in order of appearance):
- Carrie-Anne Moss as Trinity in "The Matrix".
- Uma Thurman as Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride) in "Kill Bill" and "Kill Bill Vol. 2".
- Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in "Terminator 2".
- Devon Aoki as Deadly Little Miho in "Sin City".
- Juliette Lewis as Kate Fuller in "From Dusk till Dawn".
- Geena Davis as Charly Baltimore/Samantha Caine in "Long Kiss Goodnight".
- Sandahl Bergman as Valeria in "Conan the Barbarian".
- Zoe Bell as herself, Rosario Dawson as Abernathy and Tracie Thoms as Kim in "Death Proof" (WARNING: SPOILERS!).
- Michelle Yeoh as Yu Shu Lien in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".
- Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in "Aliens".
- Maggie Cheung as Flying Snow in "Hero".
- Rose McGowan as Cherry in "Planet Terror".
- Milla Jovovich as Alice in "Resident Evil" and as Leeloo "The Fifth Element".
- Angela Basset as Mace in "Strange Days".
- Geena Davis as Morgan Addams in "Cutthroat Island".
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman in "Batman returns".
- Summer Glau as River Tam in "Serenity".
- Zhang Ziyi as Jen Yu in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".
- Patricia Arquette as Alabama in "True romance".
- Carrie Fisher as Leia in "Star Wars: A new hope" and "The Return of the Jedi".
- Sarah Polley as Ana in "Dawn of the Dead".
- Marley Shelton as Dakota in "Planet Terror".
- Sharon Stone as Ellen "The Lady" in "The Quick and the Dead".
- Meryl Streep as Gail Hartman in "River Wild".
- Anne Parillaud as Nikita in "La femme Nikita".
- Angelina Jolie as Jane Smith in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith".
- Susan Sarandon as Louise and Geena Davis as Thelma in "Thelma and Louise".
- Bridget Fonda as Maggie/Nina in "The Assassin - Point of no return".
THINGS YOU WON'T FIND HERE (I didn't forget them, I simply didn't want them in my video, I'm a woman who loves good movies and I'm very demanding about female characters):
· Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu as "Charlie's Whores". I mean, Angels.
· Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft in "Tomb Raider", I like Angelina but the movies are pretty lame and forgettable.
· Demi Moore as "G.I. Jane", cause I can't stand her and the film was very disappointing (especially considering it was directed by Ridley Scott!).
· Keira Knightley in "King Arthur", "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Domino", cause even I could kick her skinny ass.
· Kate Beckinsale in "Van Helsing" and "Underworld", she's not believable as action woman, she should stick to romantic films.
· Natalie Portman in "The Attack of the Clones", cause she's not a heroine nor a politician, she's a manequin.
· "Red Sonja", "Supergirl", "Tank Girl", "Aeon Flux", "Ultraviolet", "Elektra", "D.O.A. (Dead or Alive)", "Resident Evil: Apocalipse", "Bloodrayne" and "Catwoman", cause they're bad movies.
SPECIAL THANKS to Quentin Tarantino, James Cameron, Robert Rodriguez, Renny Harlin, Ang Lee, Zhang Yimou, Luc Besson, Kathryn Bigelow, Tim Burton, Zack Snyder, Curtis Hanson, Doug Liman and Ridley Scott, for giving us such great action women.
Best sites on the internetRoleplay
Viral news today