Sunny can't understand why the budgies don't talk to him. He finally has the last words at the end though, don't worry!
**People have asked about Sunny's vocab, so I'm putting up his current list:
Hi, Hi Sunny, Hi Scott, what are you doing, touchdown, bra bock bock bock (chicken),such a pretty bird, all the pretty ferrets sing la la la, pretty ferrets, Tika Tika Tika!, what, Comere, Comere Sunny comere comere, awe Sunny, bad kitty meow, Oh Sunny sunny sunny its a sunny oh, he whistles the following: Nights in White Satin, La Cockaracha, Would you like to Swing on a Star,the charge call followed by "charge", a bomb falling followed by "dead budgie", He makes kissy noises and kisses, he also tries to say give me a kiss and then gives you a big mwa on the mouth, he does a dirty laugh Huh-hahaha.
- How to teach your bird to talk -
- Pick two, 1-3 word phrases
- Repeat those over and over, 10+ minutes several times a day
- Say the word exactly the same everytime. Pick a tone, a musical intonation and stick with only that.
- Use a middle voice. Do NOT use a high pitched voice or your teil will just whistle things. Don't use a deep, manly voice either, that may be too low. A tenor male voice or an alto female voice.
- Make everyone in the house help
- Record yourself on something (windows recorder on your computer, and play it looping on Media Player), and whenever you aren't home put it on
- Pair your word(s) with an action, that is when it is most effective. Plus your bird will learn langauge not just mimic. Ex "Hi" when you enter a room or go up to hisf ace, "Ut Oh" if he hits something with is beak, "Kiss" when you kiss him, etc..
Remember many parrots need to be at least 1 year old before they start talking (but still try to teach them before then. Never give up. It might take weeks, but it also might take months for them to pick up something. If it doesn't work, try a new word(s).
Best sites on the internetRoleplay
Viral news today