Eight- minute trailer of award winning documentary - Riding Solo To The Top Of The World.
Brief: Riding Solo. is a film about filmmaker Gaurav Jani's solo motorcycle journey from Mumbai to one of the remotest places in the world, the Changthang Plateau in Ladakh, bordering China.As a one-man film unit, he astonishes you, filming the landscape he passes by and the people he interacts with, capturing moments of beauty, pain, love, hardship, self doubt and spiritual triumphs.
* Indian Documentary Producers' Association Awards 2006
oTechnical Award for Sound Design - Dwarak Warrier
A delightful documentary with simple but good sound of consistent quality, with the sound track adding to the film tremendously.
o Technical Award for Editing - Sankalp Meshram
The film kept the viewers' interest alive for 94 mins in a feat of sleek editing.
o Documentary - Gaurav Jani
A true celebration of the documentary, this solo adventure translates into a film that is an experience both personal and universal.
* Audience Award for Best Documentary at the Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival (2006)
* Nominated for Best International Documentary at the Calgary International Film Festival (2006)
* Recipient of Golden Conch for Best Documentary at the Mumbai International Film Festival (2006)
* Recipient of National Critics Award at the Mumbai International Film Festival (2006)
* Recipient of Best Documentary Award (Biography Category) at the Signs Film Festival, Kerala (2006)
Produced by Dirt Track Productions and 60kph - Motorcycle Travel Club, India
Director: Gaurav Jani